Begin your global academic journey now. Excellent news! The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program is now accepting applications. This article will provide a detailed explanation of the scholarship program, its benefits, and a step-by-step application procedure. The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship aimed at international students.
This scholarship is available for Ph.D. studies and provides recipients with up to $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship. The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program provides fellowships to Ph.D. applicants from developing nations to undertake innovative, development-related Ph.D. studies, with the support of a research consultant at a partner organization abroad, for a residency period of 6-10 months.
Important aspects of the program
Professional experience: The program provides fellows with an opportunity to work on World Bank projects under the guidance of World Bank DEC researchers. They will also receive training on advanced research practices and technologies, as well as engage with World Bank operations. Depending on the project’s nature, fellows may have the chance to contribute to DEC’s published work, potentially co-author with DEC researchers, participate in field missions, and directly interact with clients.
Capacity building: During the program, fellows will undergo a one-week technical onboarding that includes training on reproducible research practices. Additionally, they will participate in periodic continuing education training and events to further develop their skills. Working with DEC economists, fellows will improve their capacity to identify, examine, and write about crucial development policy concerns.
Research dissemination: The program offers fellows the chance to write a blog related to their research with the DEC researchers, which serves as a platform for showcasing their research and contributions to development policy discussions. The top 4 blogs will be selected each year and published on DEC’s Let’s Talk Development blog.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): World Bank
- Study in: Any Country
- Courses Offered: Applicants will have the option to select in the application whether they would like to be hosted by the Development research department or the Impact evaluation department in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
- Deadline: Application will open in March 2023, deadline: April 30, 2023
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program provides the recipient with:
- Totaling $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship (paid in monthly installments)
- Since the fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington D.C., the World Bank’s HR will assist the selected candidates with visa applications by providing invitation letters.
Note: The fellowship does not cover visa application costs, travel expenses, or any other expenses to bring and/or support fellows’ family members.
Eligibility Criteria for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
To qualify for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program, applicants need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with a preference for nationals of developing countries
- Graduates of MA level studies or currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Economics or a related field;
- No more than 35 years of age (by June 30th of the year the fellowship starts);
- Available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
How to Apply for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program?
You can find the official website link at the end of this article, but here are some important instructions to follow in order to apply for this scholarship:
The RSMFP application must be completed online by the Application Deadline date and include:
- A resume,
- A statement of research interests: The statement of research interests should describe research interests and indicate the research programs of interest within DEC.
- Contact details for a letter of recommendation,
- A writing sample (optional),
- A code sample (optional).
All required documents must be uploaded online. Any documents an applicant provides by email, post, or any means other than the online application form will not be reviewed.
To know more about Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program, please visit the official website: