Maastricht University Master’s Program
The NL-High Potential Scholarship program at Maastricht University (UM) provides 24 full scholarships, each valued at €30,000 per academic year, to exceptionally talented students from countries outside the European Union (EU). These scholarships encompass the waiver of tuition fees and a monthly stipend. Recipients must have been accepted into a Master’s program at UM.
Maastricht University, Netherlands
List of eligible Master’s programs for the 2024-25 academic year under this scholarship scheme.
Number of Scholarships Available:
International students hailing from a country outside the EU/EEA.
The scholarship encompasses living expenses (€12,350 for 13 months or €23,750 for 25 months), health and liability insurance (€700), visa application costs (€210), tuition fees (as per the program’s cost), and pre-academic training expenses.
The High Potential Scholarship extends throughout the entire duration of the Master’s program, which is 13 months for a one-year Master’s program and 25 months for a two-year Master’s program.
- Prospective candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam, and meet the prerequisites for acquiring an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Do not possess dual nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- Have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Fulfill the specific admission prerequisites of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
- Have never engaged in a degree-seeking higher education program, primary education program, or secondary education program in the Netherlands. Applicants who have participated in exchange programs in the Netherlands are eligible to apply.
- Are not older than 35 years of age as of September 1, 2024.
- Have attained outstanding academic results during prior educational programs, as reflected in your most recent academic transcript or certified by academic excellence. In cases where multiple applicants possess equal qualifications, preference will be given to those whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrates that they are among the top 5% of the scholarship program applicants for the 2023/24 academic year.
To seek this scholarship, you must first enroll in one of the participating Master’s Programs (MA) at Maastricht University. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number, which is necessary to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. Subsequently, you are required to fill out the application form, upload the mandatory documents, and submit your application online.
The application deadline is February 1, 2024.
For comprehensive details on how to apply for this scholarship, access the official website provided via the link below.